Three facts I found interesting and surprising:
1. I found out that neurons travel from the brain at speeds reaching 800 km per hour.
2. I found out that the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body and the right side controls the left.
3. The left side of the brain is better at practical things such as reading and writing while the right is better at music and the arts.
Two understandings I now have:
1. I now have a good understanding of why the nervous system is so important. Example. It helps us to move parts of our body and react to problems that happen inside and outside of our body.
2. I now understand how hard the nervous system works. Because it works at every part of the body to make sure they’re moving and makes those parts move when they need to.
One wondering I still have is:
Why do some animals not have a peripheral nervous system?
What were the most important things I learnt?
I learnt a lot about why we have the nervous system. I kind of learnt that we had a nervous system. I now know what the system does. I learnt that without it we would not be able to move or feel anything.
How did I learn it?
I learnt it by using my note-taking and researching skills to gather information in order complete the acquired task. I also learnt it by working cooperatively with my team throughout the holidays and during class time.
What am I going to do with what I have learnt?
I am going to use my knowledge to expand on my note-taking and researching skills and I will use my knowledge on the nervous system for future projects on the human body.