Handwriting Analysist Interview Script

Interviewer:

Hello, my name is Declan. Today I will be asking you a few questions on Handwriting Analysis and here is my first question. What is the first thing you would do with a sample of handwriting that might be forged?

Analysist:

Well, first we would have a look at the handwriting characteristics just with our eyes to see the big differences on the writing. Then we would have a closer look under the microscope to see finer details on the handwriting and compare the sample to the original copy of the writing.

Interviewer:

What are some of the characteristics you look for when examining handwriting?

Analysist:

Some of the main characteristics of handwriting that we look for include pen pressure, size, height and width, and the way people might write their t’s or the dots on their i’s. For example, some people might write the dots on their i’s like a love heart.

Interviewer:

Interesting. Now what would you do if all of these characteristics fitted together and you caught someone? Would you keep the details?

Analysist:

Yes, we would definitely keep the details for evidence at the court and for future crimes that the same being may commit.

Interviewer:

How do you use the microscopes?

Analysist:

Well, we use them to examine samples of writing and uncover smaller and finer details that we can’t see with the naked eye. We also use the light on the microscope to see the samples easily.

Interviewer:

What other equipment do you use?

Analysist:

We use cameras to take photographs of the samples of handwriting.  We also use scanners to pick up latent differences in the handwriting.

Interviewer:

How do forgers make their own handwriting like someone else’s?

Analysist:

Well, we think that they probably hire not a well known professional artist to forge the handwriting. But they might do it by themselves if they are able to do a good copy.

Interviewer:

Now onto my last question. What other things can be forged by criminals other than handwriting?

Analysist:

Most of the time criminals forge signatures to gain money or other valuable items. But they can also copy paintings and then sell them for a large amount of money.

Interviewer:

Thank you for your time today and I appreciate your cooperation.

Analysist:

Thank you.